Saturday, September 6, 2008

Summer off, but now I'm back! :)

Recently, I hunted for a dresser on craigslist and found one that was in my price range (which was pretty low). It needed a bit of work before we can use it as a tv stand (which is our ultimate goal for the dresser). So today we started the transformation... we went stripped the stain off of the dresser and Erik did a little sanding. Before we knew it the day was gone.

Before:



Erik sanding the back:



Maybe half way done:


Erik and I also went to the St. Paul Farmers Market today and picked up a bounty of vegetables for some meals and some to freeze/can, so that is tomorrows project. I picked up The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving at the library earlier this week and I'm slightly concerned about the most feared thing in preserving - botulism, but I'm getting over my fear and decided that I will be ultra careful and make sure everything is cleaned/boiled and that I process for exactly the time it calls for.



No comments: