Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend at Home


I have thoroughly enjoyed being home this weekend. I enjoy weekends away too, but it was just time to catch up with a few things and enjoy home. Friday night, I went to dinner with my family to celebrate my Mom's birthday. It was very nice and we had a good time.

Saturday I ran with Katie and some of her friends from school in 5K around Lake Harriet - Monster Dash. It was fun to see all of the people dressed up in costume and dogs too. I was wishing I had a dog to run with too. Erik ran around the Lake without entering in the race, but I got a cool shirt and gloves for entering and it went to a good cause.


Today, we woke up and it was 45 degrees out and sunny. We went to the farmers market and enjoyed a quiet morning. By the time we got back from the market... it was snowing and super windy. Erik went to work and I've been putzing and catching up with laundry. I finally could no longer just go over to my parents or Erik's to do my laundry... it got out of control how much was dirty. So I finally used the washer and driers in our apartment building. I feel much better after having caught up. Tonight I'm making Pasta Fagioli Soup for dinner. It will be a nice offset to the weather which the temperature is still plummeting (currently 35 degrees outside our door).

No comments: