Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weathered

Things you should not do while under the weather (aka so much mucuous making it is disgusting) include staying up til midnight to finish a costume, participating in a 5K on a chilly windy day, and going for a hike in search of some inspiration for some photos (I needed to take a picture of something besides a costume! 7 of the last 8 photos of the day have revolved around costume making) But I would not trade any of it for sitting on my butt and sleeping, although the sleeping sound pretty darn good right now.

I made Erik and I each a costume for this Halloween. Erik was Max from Where the Wild Things Are and I was the Queen of Hearts. I struggled with making my costume, but all in all I think it turned out pretty well. You can't see all of the detail in the picture of us at the 5K, maybe I will have to take one more picture of it. We participated in the Monster Dash 5K for Team Ortho around Lake Harriet. There were so many people there! They also had a half marathon and 10 mile run too. It was a good time. Katie and Erik both ran. Katie ran her best 5k yet. That is so cool! I walked with Erik's Mom. It was nice to have someone to walk with. I wish I could have run, but with this cold walking was plenty. After the race, Katie, Erik and I went to lunch and had cake. Unfortunately, we did not do anything else cool for the rest of the day. We did hand out some candy to some little little kids. That was fun to see them so excited and it was nice to have trick-or-treaters. Erik and I watched Dracula on tv and called it a night.

It has been fairly uneventful around here lately. Between being sick, making costumes, and work, there hasn't been a whole lot of time. I'm hoping once I'm feeling better I can cook some good autumn food and enjoy doing somethings. I missed peak fall colors while being sick. It is pretty much over now and most leaves are off the trees. The oaks and some yellow leaved trees are still hanging on to their leaves. I'm sort of bummed I missed it. I love the bright yellow leaves against the dark branches. The leaves will change again next year. I guess I'll have to wait to enjoy them until then and make sure not to schedule getting sick then!

I ran some errands this morning. I was disgusted at B&N return policy. I even had a receipt! So I've got a book I'm not really interested in reading, but oh well. Maybe I'll donate it... that'd be the smart thing to do. After my errands I ran over to the nature center and tried to find a bit of color yet. I didn't exactly find what I was looking for but I think that is okay, because I liked what I ended up with.

The Barn

Colorful leaf

End of the season

Green roof

No comments: