Saturday, December 5, 2009

So... I discontinued doing the photo of the day (aka I quit). I will still of course post pictures, and maybe more frequently than that of the 1 month sabbatical from my blog that I was on.

Anyhoo... I feel as though I've been busy, but happily busy. I've been working out a bunch - going to BodyPump at the Y and a group cycle class. I like them both a lot. I feel like I'm getting a great workout and it is motivating seeing other people working hard. I think I've always felt that way in any type of work environment, whether it is in my career, school, or other such as working out... seeing others working hard is very motivating for me - maybe it is contagious, but, then again maybe only for some people, because we all know some people who can't work hard for anything.

Erik and I are looking at houses. We aren't quite ready to buy, but we are looking and figuring out what we like and dislike.

We are ready for Christmas... except presents. Our little borrowed Christmas tree is up and decorated along with the other decorations. We've been on the search for stockings that we like... we haven't really found any, but it fun looking, might be more fun than actually getting some.

Last night we got together with Erik's family to make lefse.

Rolling out the potato balls (thinner the better)

Lefse onto the grill

Supervising the lefse cooking


Most of the action, minus one grill


Don't flip too much or it will dry out


Picture break

How long have we been at this? 4 hours?

15 pounds of potatoes = 11 inches of lefse

Quite a process and a mess at the end, but well worth all the effort and a great tradition!

No comments: