Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I made the strawberry lemon marmalade. I like how it turned out, but I don't think it has much of a lemon taste to it. The strawberry definitely overpowers the lemon flavor. Next in the preserving adventure is orange marmalade. I picked up some Valencia oranges and Meyer Lemons for it. I was planning on making it Monday night, yet things come up, as always and my plans were delayed.


This weekend was a busy one, but fun and relaxing at the same time. There was some cleaning, biking (inside of course), movie watching (Dinner for Schmucks), baking (awesome chocolate layer cake with a whip cream/cream cheese/oreo filling and chocolate ganache), tile making (taking a tile, trivet & coaster class with Mom and Kate), hanging out with family and friends (we watched the commercials and chatted during some game between the commercials).

While cleaning out things that I thought once mattered to me at my parents, I found this trivet that I made in high school. I think I will use it... not too shabby.


My amaryllis is blooming! It is beautiful! It is so nice to see something blooming during this white time of year!


P.S. I'm sort of worn out about the cold temperatures and gray days. Come on sun and temps in the reasonable range... 20-30 F, instead of -25 windchill.

No comments: