Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Break

Paddling on the Mississippi River
I had a fall break this past week. It was quite enjoyable. I was wishing for a little bit more fall colors, but I still greatly enjoyed my time.
A couple of highlights:
  • Canning adventures with friends and Erik. We made Apple Cider Jelly and Erik's Grandma Lois' Pickled Beets.
  • Paddling with my neighbor on the windy Mississippi River, in his beautiful handcrafted cedar strip kayaks. 
  • Father Hennepin State Park. I wanted to see some albino deer and we didn't but we did see some cool caterpillars.
  • 5th Anniversary - we had crab legs for dinner and then had desert from Pardon My French by the bonfire with some port. It was lovely. 
  • Enjoying Sunday around Minneapolis and St. Paul with my parents, cheering on my sister, Katie, who completed her first marathon! So completely impressed!
Willow was in the water within minutes of pulling up to the cabin
    Katie in the Twin Cities Marathon (photo by: Dad)

    No comments: