Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The past week or so

This weekend we went to a Lincoln Stars hockey game. That was a lot of fun and I knew how many periods there are in hockey. :) haha. Saturday and Sunday we went to the farmers markets. Saturday we got jalapeno catfish cakes and Sunday we bought pumpkins, radishes, cabbage, bell peppers, and broccoli.

I got some huge zucchini from Martha and made zucchini brownies. I sent most of them right out of our house so I wouldn't chow down on them. I sent some to work with Erik, some to our neighbor, Abby, and I sent some all the way to Fargo, ND because test takers need to eat veggies - so zucchini brownies are just the thing. Forget that they have plenty of sugar in them. :)

And we caught up on cleaning and laundry, but that isn't fun but it did occupy a good part of the weekend.

I've been working on a presentation for school. I had it printed yesterday and then someone found 3 mistakes (2 typos and one redundant sentence) so I had to have it reprinted. That was a bit of a bummer.

Yesterday it was 84 outside and today the high is suppose to be 62. Quite a difference, but I'm definitely not complaining. I'd much prefer the cooler weather.

I have been reading the icanhascheezburger site a lot lately. They are just so funny.

Last night we went out for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Paz. We met up with two of Erik's work friends. That was nice and I love eating there. It is in walking distance too so we enjoy the walk to and from there.

I've been window shopping lately online for clothes and electric tea kettles and area rugs - which are so darn expensive - definitely not worth it right now, but fun too look. I really dislike our carpet in our apartment. I've had an increasing disliking to the carpet for a few months now, but we won't have for too long, so it is fine, and it works.

We also dog sat last night. We watched Jessie for the night. He is a fun and good dog. I can't wait to have my own dog... and barn cats, and horses and maybe a rabbit too.

No comments: