Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Beautiful Weekend


The weekend was jam packed of adventures. Erik and I had off on Friday. I got my car's oil changed. While that was going on, we ran errands. I got 5 inches cut off my hair Friday afternoon and we went to Run 'n Fun. I got a new running outfit that I sported for a run we did on Saturday morning so that I was dressed right for the drizzly March weather.


Erik, Katie and I did the Shamrock Shuffle 5K. It has been foggy and rainy at least the past 5 or 6 days (not including today) and the streams have risen. I'm pretty sure we ran through Bluff Creek, which was running about 5 inches deep over the trail. It was a nice rolling hill run. I had fun doing it with Erik and Katie.


Saturday Erik and I saw some houses. It is sort of makes me nervous and excited when we see houses that we like. There have been more on the market to choose from now. I get nervous because of the huge decision and financial responsibility can feel overwhelming and I get excited about having a home to call ours (& the banks) that will be so much better than our apartment!

Saturday night we went out for my Dad's birthday to Fogo De Chão, a Brazilian steakhouse in Minneapolis. It was a wonderful experience and wonderful food. We all had a great time. I had a large plate full of veggies from their salad bar, bites of the different kinds of meat Erik got, and a wonderful, melt in your mouth filet mingon. We finished the night sharing Fogo de Chão's Signature Papaya Cream with Blackberry Brandy. It was wonderful!

Today, the day after we sprung forward an hour, was beautifully sunny. I went to the Y and got my spinning class in. I had even woken up before the alarm, which I thought was odd for one less hour of sleep. Then I went out to my parents and enjoyed the afternoon with the family. I rode a muddy and shedding Laura Bell. She was good and we had a pleasant ride in the arena. It is terribly muddy outside with it being so warm - our thermometer read 61 deg. F. this afternoon.

I'm really looking forward to spring and early summer. I know it will come fast, but I enjoy muddy sunny days like today too!

No comments: