Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Temptation and Motivation


I made these temptations recently for a treat day at work... strawberry cake, caramel chocolate chip brownies, cranberry-orange muffins, and blueberry muffins. I do love to bake. At the same time of all these goodies, I've been trying to cut back on sweets, increase veggies and workout.

I go in these spurts of doing something for a little bit and then moving on to something else. I like variety, but at the same time it is good to stick with things sometimes for the long haul. One thing that has been in motivational spurts lately is working out. I have a big motivation in 96 days. I'll be participating in the Buffalo Triathlon. I did this last year too and this year I'd like to do better. Last week I was very motivated, particularly toward the end of the week and yesterday I was not motivated. I did do 6 loads of laundry though. Today I pushed through though and got the bike trainer out. I watched Biggest Loser and peddled away. One more day, one more cycle to enable me to do a little bit better.

I've had a couple of really good days. Not necessary because everything went well, but my outlook was brighter. I had a nice weekend with friends and family. We went to a birthday party Saturday night. Sunday, I went out to my parents and hung out with the family. It was very nice! I rode LauraBell bareback for a little bit in the arena. Sometimes I think to myself 'why don't I do that more?' - I'm not really sure. I sure did enjoy it. The snow was melting and crashing off of the roof making quite a racket so it was a shorter ride, but a really nice one.

The sun has been shining almost everyday lately. It has been wonderful!

No comments: