Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sitting in Ice Cream

It has been a dizzying past few days... sort of like there is just to much to do and I need to go in ten different directions.

Sunday I went out to the barn and work three of the horses that we use for therapeutic riding. I wish I could have ridden Mamasita longer and forgot about working the other two because she was super sweet and easy going. We went and rode in the field next door and it was beautiful out, a little hot and sticky, but beautiful. I did work the other two though and they were good too, but Mamasita is my favorite.

Sunday I also attempted to make banana bread with chocolate chips... and it didn't cook all the way through even though it appeared to have. I was frustrated. Later I made brownies. I brought them over to our friend's place with some ice cream and toppings for dessert. We went over there for dinner. It was a good time. They are expecting their first baby, a little girl, in a little under a month. Courtney also quilts so it was fun to talk about quilts and she has some software called Electronic Quilt. It is cool program that you can design your quilt with.

Yesterday Erik and I went to the dentist. I really don't like dentists. I think if we were staying here we would switch dentists and try a new place. Yesterday the dentist was a bit on the rude side. Not a good way to start the day. It was also the first day of classes here. It was weird having so many people on campus again. Not a whole lot has changed for me. I'm working on the same stuff but today I have class. I'm auditing a stream ecology class.

Last night Erik and I continued the craziness. I through a fit at the Walgreens photo people (3 of them and they still can't get things figured out). I won't get into it right now, but they are getting a letter that is for sure! Then we went swimming because we both needed to relax. Then we made dinner and did some laundry. Erik attempted to fix is computer from sending out emails without him - frustrating! Then we went out for Kimpy's leaving for AR and Kevin's and Chris' birthdays. It was fun. I spilled cherry coke all over myself, like a cherry coke shower - sticky. We also played some darts and that was fun. I think my chacos are still sticky today though. :)

Yesterday we also had a heat index of about 106 degrees. It is hot and sticky.

Today I saw this comic and I agree... I'll sit in some ice cream too.

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/2007/ga070828.gif