Wednesday, August 15, 2007

TOO HOT!

These are the days the pavement melts and the reason in parking lots there are depressions where the tires of cars sit. I do not like it! You can see the air - it has been so humid here. We've had heat indexes of 105-118. YUCK! There has been no biking and no running but still plenty of sweating. I was extremely jealous when I looked up high temps yesterday... Lincoln = 98, Prior Lake = 80, and Fargo = 73. Seriously too hot here!

This past Friday, a group of us went out to Pawnee Lake so those with guns or wished they had guns, could shoot clays. Mary and I weren't in that group. We watched for a bit and then went up to Branched Oak Lake were you could swim. (You can't swim in Pawnee because of blue-green algae). Although I think Branched Oak was pretty disgusting as far as swimming lakes are concerned. There was floating gobs of stuff that had algae on it and floated up from the bottom of the lake - it was gross. Also if you put your hands at your side, you couldn't see them. There was probably less than 2 feet visibility. I was glad to rinse off. The rest of the gun shooting group came and joined us and swam too. Then we went to a place called Merle's in Emerald, just outside of Lincoln for dinner. We had a good time and everyone ate very well - the food was very good. After Merles, we went to Chris and Mary's place to go swimming. It was nice to be in a chlorinated pool.

Saturday I did some baking for a party we had that night. That was about it during the day. Then we went to Brenda and Chris' house for a wedding/birthdays/summer party. It was fun to hang out in the backyard and everyone brought really good food too. Sunday I caught up on sleep and we went to the farmers' market and made pizza and then Kimpy and I fell asleep watching Whale Rider. It was a good afternoon. Chris and Mary invited us over for dinner. We gave them a waffle maker for a wedding present. They got married up in Nova Scotia in July. It was fun and Mary is a wonderful cook.

This week it has been busy. I've been working on my thesis (this will be a common phrase for the next 4 months). :) And that is really about it. Erik and I went to HuHot last night for dinner - we didn't want to cook. It was very good.

Okay, back to work. :)

No comments: