Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sweatshirt Happy

It has been a busy time. This past week has sort of flown away quickly and I can't believe it is the end of August... shouldn't it still be the beginning? Oh well.

This weekend Erik and I went with Luis, Kevin and Jen down to Kansas City to go to our buddy's, Justin's, wedding. It was a good time and Kimpy was down there too and a friend of hers that lives in KC. It was a beautiful wedding and nice weather.






The weather has not been so beautiful since then. It has been hot and humid in the daytime and stormy at night, although I do think storms are beautiful. We have had some large storms roll through here lately. It is also hayfever season in Nebraska and my sinuses are throwing a major fit. It is hard to think with my sinuses ready to explode. I think the rain is helping though so that is good.


Last night I made Apple-Rhubarb crisp. It was very easy to make and the apples were from the farmers market and the rhubarb from one of Erik's co-workers. We enjoyed it tonight with some friends after coming back from Pawnee where some of our friends and Erik shoot clays. Mary and I walked to the lake while the rest shot. It was a bit on the rainy side but it was nice to be outside. Today it wasn't quite so hot and tonight I was able to wear a sweatshirt and that was so nice. I love sweatshirt weather!




No comments: