Sunday, November 9, 2008

November Catch Up

A little catching up is in order for November as it is already November 9th!

Last Saturday we had we had a birthday party for Mom. It was a lot of fun! We had a great group of friends and family show up and had a really great time! I enjoyed helping throw a party too! I enjoy that sort of thing.



A funny thing about it was the sandwiches... when we were planning it we decided we needed 3 6ft sandwiches from E&G's. So when we went to get them in my little car it was pretty comedic. Not only were the sandwiches 6ft long and just barely fit, but they were also about 8in wide too. Much wider than we expected! Yikes we had so much food - we needed about 3 times the people for that much food! But we definitely didn't need to worry about running out! Erik ended up bringing some to work and we sent some with other people too.

Sunday I went for a horseback ride with my Mom and Connie. I rode Cowboy, since LauraBell was a little sore. It was a beautiful day and we had a nice time!

During the week I worked on my dresser, putting a polyurethane coat on it. I also went and helped my Dad coach pitching.

Erik left for hunting on Thursday so I was on my own for the weekend. He had a bit of a frustrating time and didn't get anything, but he did get to sit in northern Minnesota in some beautiful spots.

Friday I had the day off. I was headed over to Erik's parents to put one more coat on the top of the dresser and got about a block away from our apartment and decided something was wrong with my tire. So I pulled over and I had a screw in my tire about 1/3 inch in diameter, so I went to the dealership and they put a plug in it, but it was an unscheduled stop. I did make it over to put another coat on the dresser and Karen and I went in search of knobs and drawer pulls. I found some, but I will have to wait for some of the pulls to be ordered.

Later in the afternoon I met up with Katie at the mall in search of shoes. I found two very cute pairs of shoes, but both were not available in my size. So that was a bummer.

Funniest thing happened at the mall we got carded, for potentially being to young to be in the mall. They were about 10 years off. :)

Yesterday I got a cold, or at least it hit me like a blow to the head. I didn't do much since I was under the weather. I finished reading The Secret Life of Bees. It was a very good book. I don't think I need to see the movie, because the book was so good I'd hate to ruin it.

Today, I did a bit more of the same as yesterday. I did feel a bit better today and I made Pumpkin Seed Granola. It came out pretty good, but I'd like to play with the recipe a bit. I did find out that honey is denser than molasses (the scientist in me). I also went and saw Kates for a little bit.

So I didn't do some of the things that I wanted to do, because of this silly cold, but that is okay. I was glad I wasn't at work with this cold - hopefully tomorrow I feel even better.

No comments: