Sunday, February 1, 2009

January Catch Up

It seems I let the month go by without blogging, but here is my summary of sorts...

Erik's truck got broken into, but they simply did damage and didn't take anything - Thankfully. Pretty crummy thing to have happen and since it didn't lock we had to quickly get it fixed.


After a few different iterations with handles, the dresser/tv stand is done. It is nice to have it completed. It looks nice too. Different than I originally imagined but I like it. I like how rich the color is particularly.

The other day I was headed to work and I wanted to stop because it was so beautiful out! We had a bunch of fog that made frost on all the trees, so they glistened and the sun was just peaking out making the sky appear pink and yellow. It was a beautiful morning. Unfortunately I could not stop and had to go to work, but I did enjoy it for a little bit. I called Erik and told him to go take some pictures for me. Although it was a little later in the morning, it was still beautiful. Erik went for a run too and ended up with some of that frost on him too. :)


I've been making a healthier start in 2009 and here is one of them... smoothies. I love them. Yogurt, frozen fruit, ice and a bit of milk. They are a great breakfast.

Okay, so I know, cookies are not exactly healthy, but I made them for a good cause. Erik's truck needed some work done on it and he had a friend help him and it ended up saving us a couple hundred dollars, so I thought cookies were a good way to let him know how much we appreciated his help. These cookies are Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from VeryBestBaking.com.


Erik and I have been making a better effort to leave the tv off and stay off the computer a bit more. Erik has been tying flies.


Yesterday, it was like spring here: 42 degrees! Almost unbelievable. I made sure to go out and enjoy it. I took a nice run about 3 miles. I almost didn't want to stop, but I think my legs did.


Erik got me some planted tulips about 2 weeks ago and they just began to bloom.


We also got our Sandhill Crane poster framed... now we just have to get it on the wall. It turned out really nice.


No comments: