Monday, February 16, 2009

A Long Weekend

It was mostly a nice long weekend except the cold that swept our apartment. Erik has been battling it most of the weekend and I seem to be slowly getting more symptoms of it.

Friday was field trip day. My parents, Katie, Erik and I went to the Science Museum to see the Water exhibit. It was cool. A lot of things I was already familiar with since I work with water, but it was a good display. A lot of things crossed over between the Minnesota exhibit and the water one - which makes a lot of sense since Minnesota has so much water compared to some other states. It was fun playing around in the museum. We went to the Great Waters restaurant in St. Paul. It was very nice. My Dad brought flowers over too! That was very nice. I can always count on my Dad for flowers on Valentine's Day. My Dad is very thoughtful.

Saturday I got up and swam. I need to start keeping track of my laps... I start thinking of other things and lose track. :) Funny. It was pretty busy in the pool. Then I ran to the store. Why you ask? That's because I didn't think that Valentine's was so soon - like Saturday and I hadn't bought Erik a card yet, but I got him a card, Naked juice: Mighty Mango, and a blueberry muffin.

We enjoyed our juice and muffins and exchanged cards and then headed up to the Y where we met up with my grandparents. I did a Body Vive class with my grandma, while Erik went to a flyfishing store. I really liked that class. It was nice. It made me wish I had a Y membership. I'm just not ready to pay for it. Then we had lunch over at my grandparents and headed down to Erik's parents. We stopped in and then went to go get groceries for dinner.

We had a very nice valentine's dinner: crab legs, asparagus, salad and breadsticks. It was a nice night. We just hung out and watched tv for the night. Nothing too exciting but that is okay with me.

The last two days were pretty low key. Erik worked Sunday. I went and visited a friend and her little one and stopped in at my parents to get a little furry love from Bo and Cricket.


I've done some reading and sleeping.
I ordered some audiobooks to be transferred to our library close by. I'm excited for them. I also made a bit of a reading wishlist - we'll see how long a couple of books take me to read. I don't get a lot of time to read, just a bit before bed usually. Maybe I should make more time.

Erik and I both had today off which was nice. Happy President's Day! Actually, we had Friday, Saturday and today together. It was nice seeing each other and hanging out playing MarioParty.


I made chicken wild rice soup last night. It was very good and a good thing to have when you are under the weather. Tonight Erik is making pasta with a homemade sauce with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onion, and whatever else we have hanging out in our fridge. It smells good!

No comments: