Thursday, May 24, 2007

Horses, Turtles and Cookies

I kept on wishing it was Friday seemed like every morning this week, but now tomorrow is Friday and it seems it came fast.

Tuesday night Erik and I had smoked pork chops from the farmers market. It was very good. I'm so happy to have a place like that to get fresh food and you know where the food comes from.


Last night was a busy one. Windsong riding lessons were canceled because the weather was predicted to be 80% chance of rain. Christina and I still went out to the barn to ride and feed. It wasn't too bad out just cloudy and we joked about how it wouldn't rain because we canceled the lessons. I rode Mamasita. She was awfully muddy. I scrubbed her for a long time. The horses seemed very calm maybe from the humidity. We rode out in the outdoor arena. It was nice. Mamasita and I were working on collecting and I cantered a little bit but the poor girl is out of shape so she was not too happy. She through a little fit at the gate - she was telling me she was
done. I told her we weren't. :) We rode until we felt a few rain drops and went in the barn. About when we got our horses tied up it downpoured. It was so very loud in the barn. There was pea sized hail too. Mamasita wasn't use to the sound the rain made in the barn. I think all four feet were off the ground for about a minute, but she calmed down after that. The barn cat passed away this week too. Very sad. He was a nice cat, but there has been a new cat I named Cooper hanging around the barn for the past few weeks and so we are trying to feed him so he'll stay around. He is a very nice cat and loves to be held.

After riding, we went to see Trampled by Turtles play at Knickerbockers. We got there about 8:45. The opening band played for an hour... it was an hour I want back. They were terrible. Trampled by Turtles put on a great show. It is amazing how fast Trampled by Turtles can play. I'd definitely see them live again. So we got in late last night - way past my bed time.

This morning it was very hard to get going. I could have used a little more sleep, but I guess that is what coffee is for. I got a big coffee from the gas station across the street from school this morning. It was a productive day at school which is always good. I made a lot of cookies with Kimpy tonight. Erik worked tonight and Kim and I grilled some chicken and made salad for dinner. We made some chocolate chip cookies to send to a friend. It was fun. The recipe makes a lot of cookies, but they are good! Kim and I thought about other pudding flavors to make with the recipe like banana... hmmm banana chocolate chip cookies.... yum.

No comments: