Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Nice Saturday


It was a nice Saturday. I most definitely enjoyed it. Erik was the bread master today. He made wheat sourdough bread today, 2 loaves of it. It turned out oh so good! We went to the Haymarket farmers market this morning in hopes of getting some things for dinner, but we got eggs, tomatoes, cherry chocolate cookies, and apple butter; of which we only used an egg in the stir fry that Erik made.

We went to Earl May and picked up some Vinca flowers for our hanging basket. I had bought a hanging basket that was just beautiful and over flowing with flowers and I was so excited because I had gotten a very good deal on it, too good of a deal. The day after I hung it it looked injured... the Nebraska wind took a hold of that poor basket and broke off most of the long hanging flowers. I tried to revive it, but no such luck, so I went in search of a flower that is wind tolerant... I think I got the hardiest thing - Vinca, loves heat and tolerates wind. Let's hope it still looks nice in a week.

When we moved into our apartment all of the apartments were full... then slowly through the winter we lost neighbors, I guess we stink. ;) There were only about 4 apartments occupied out of 11 at one point this winter. Within the last month and a half we have gained neighbors. Today we gained an upstairs neighbor... 4 of them. Now, we have a one bedroom apartment, although spacious, still one bedroom, and the apartment above us is also one bedroom, for 2 adults and 2 little guys maybe 3 and 5 years old. It will be interesting having new neighbors. I think we got used to the silence above us and so it will take a little time to get use to the foot traffic above us, but that is living in an apartment.

Erik and I went on a walk through the neighborhood tonight. It is fun looking at the houses and talking about what we like and what we don't and what we'd change about this house or that house. We walked to the ice cream shop too and finished off our walk eating our ice cream cones. It was a nice day.

No comments: