Thursday, May 17, 2007

Kleenex, Keenex and more Kleenex

It has been a kleenex filled week. This past weekend I got a cold and then I think it turned into allergies. Now I never had allergies until I moved to NE. It is just one more reason to move back to MN. So I have gone through two boxes of kleenex, the nice kind with lotion too.

Sunday night Erik and I had the girls over, Kim, Jen and Ingrid. Jen left for Illinois to go test some fish. Erik made delicious ribs with apple cinnamon bbq sauce. We had cucumber salad and sourdough/rye bread - homemade. Yum! I made vanilla cupcakes with chocolate ganache frosting. They were so good, and I made them in my mini-muffin pan. It was fun.

Monday I stayed home. Tuesday I was struggling. Wednesday was better although I sounded like a seal. I did a lot of sleeping those days. Wednesday night we made pizza. We get these great par-baked pizza crusts from La Quartier, a local bakery within walking distance. We had italian
sausage, red onion, garlic, sauce, and italian cheese on our pizzas.



Today I felt pretty good, although my nose still is on the run... I felt good enough to be crafty tonight. I've been planning on making this whale. I got the idea from another blog called Wise Craft. It is a fun one to read. So I made this little blue whale from some scraps that I had. I'm going to give him to Brenda & Chris's little boy, Simon.




I don't know what the plan is for this weekend, but I'm glad not to have any plans. And I'm very happy tomorrow is Friday! :)


No comments: