Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quiet Days

Oh it has been a little while since I posted last. Friday, Erik and I watched the movie Big Lebowski, made pizza and hung out with Jessie. It was just a laid back night. Saturday we went to the Omaha farmers market. I'd have to say we were disappointed in the market. It was smushed into a small parking lot instead of in the streets of the Old Market. We did get some raw sunflower honey that is very good, garlic, and some beef seasoning. We did enjoy walking around the Old Market looking at all the stores. It was fun and we just took our time. On our way back to Lincoln we stopped at Cabela's. Later in the day we went swimming and saw Pirates 3. That was fun to see. I don't think it was the best Pirates, but I'm not sure which was better 1 or 2.
Sunday morning was slow. I worked on a few projects and we just hung out. I had softball in the afternoon. That was fun too. We grilled brats and made pasta salad for dinner. It was very good.
Monday was back to work. I'm trying to get my data reorganized so that I can run some statistics on it but it is taking so long to get it how I want it. Oh well. I'm going to start writing here and I've made myself some deadlines for parts of my thesis so that I can stay on track.
Monday night, I had softball practice. It was low key. It is so fun to make one little change in a girls throwing and she can throw so much better for that little adjustment. Karen came back from field work in Cuba, so Kimpy made her a cake. We went to her house and hung out for a little while. It was great to see Karen.
Last night, Erik and I made BLTs. They were so good! A little messy but very good. I also put money on our laundry card earlier in the afternoon. I went to do laundry and the card wouldn't work. I had the washer full of our sheets with the detergent - that was kind of a bummer. I guess I'm doing some laundry today instead of last night.

No comments: