Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 12th - Photo of the Day

Broccoli Rinse, September 12, 2009

I blanched and froze a beautiful head of broccoli from our garden. The inchworms also thought the broccoli was wonderful as I found a half a dozen of them. Also, BoBear enjoyed munching on the broccoli after I picked it and placed it on the ground with the other vegetables I harvested. Who ever heard of a dog loving broccoli? Funny huh.

Erik and I have also been collecting tomatoes from the garden and finally had the time to do something with them. We had about 3 gallons of tomatoes and peeled them and froze most, but we roasted the roma tomatoes and then froze them. Our little refrigerator freezer is starting to get awfully full!

I also went shopping with Erik's Mom on Saturday for some clothes to wear to Erik's cousin's wedding next weekend. We had great success and I have some great clothes to wear for the wedding and also to work.

Erik and I went to Lucky's Pub, in Mendota, Saturday night. It is a great place with very American food. Erik had a reuben and I had a walleye maple salad. We also got onion rings for an appetizer, but we needed at least 2 other people to share them with because they were plentiful in size and number.

No comments: