Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wednesday & Thursday (& Photos of the Day)

Always Looking Up, September 15, 2009

I finished Always Looking Up on Wednesday morning. I enjoyed it. I picked it up when I was feeling like I needed to be a bit more optimistic earlier this summer and finally got around to reading it in the past couple weeks. It is a pretty quick read and when reading it, I could imagine Michael J. Fox narrating it. The words are distinctly his and it comes across in this book. He is pretty clear on his opinions about stem cell research and I like that. He has made a stand. There is a section on Faith that I really enjoyed as well. I really liked this quote from the book, as Micheal is talking about Chris Reeve explaining the difference between optimism and hope, "If optimism is a happy-go-lucky expectation that the odds are in my favor, that things are likely to break my way, and if hope is an informed optimism, facts converting desire into possibility, then faith is the third leg of the stool. Faith tells me that I'm not alone." I'd highly recommend reading Always Looking Up.

Spring Rolls, September 16, 2009

Thursday when I got home, Erik had my bike tires pumped up and ready to go. I want to get going with more routine exercise than I have been able to do this summer with all of my traveling. So I went for a little bike ride, nothing big, just a jaunt to move and burn some calories (some of the buster bar I had earlier in the day). Then Erik made Spring Rolls. He used a variation from this recipe. He also made a peanut sauce to go with them. They were nice and fresh and tasty.

In Lincoln, we often went to Home Depot on weekend evenings to look around, maybe after one or two little things for some project, but mostly just to look around. Thursday we did the same thing. We went after some supplies for Erik's Halloween costume and to walk around. Then we rented Bedtime Stories. Oh my, I loved it. Erik liked it too. It was funny and entertaining. The perfect thing.

No comments: