Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Food Post

I've been trying to do more cooking so that I'm not enticed to eat convenience foods and I don't buy lunch in the cafeteria at work, but bring a good meal instead. It isn't always easy. It means more planning ahead and more time for cooking.

This week Erik and I made Asian Mushroom Lettuce Wraps from Costco's cookbook, which I found out is available online - very cool. They have past years too... I just googled Costco recipes and found them. We really liked the wraps. They were easy to make and seemed fairly healthy and certainly you could adjust them to be healthier or less healthy. I brought some leftovers for lunch the next day so that was great to have a good meal for dinner and an easy one to bring for lunch.

Yesterday we were bumming around in the afternoon and went to Valley Natural Foods. We saw some really good looking baby bok choy and Erik whipped up a wonderful stir-fry with the bok choy, green onion, red pepper, shiitake mushrooms, steak, garlic and ginger in a ginger sauce. It was very good.


I've been enjoying smoothies for breakfast lately. Here is a look in the blender with all of the ingredients. This morning I had vanilla yogurt, orange juice, a little half and half (or milk - it makes it frothy), frozen raspberries, frozen strawberries, and frozen mango. This past week I have been getting up and leaving before Erik get's up and I've missed my smoothies.


I also have something baking right now for tomorrow (Valentines Day). It smells good!

No comments: