Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Erik and I exchange cards for Valentines day. I think we exchanged gifts once on Valentines and now we don't with trying to keep spending down. We both like to surprise each other with gifts other times of the year too. Erik got me a very sweet card and I got him a sweet card too.

Today, Erik and I went to the Y. I went to spinning class. I haven't worked out in 2 weeks. I've been trying to kick a bit of a cold that's been a nuisance and it's not completely gone, but better than it was. It was nice to be moving. Then we went to my parents and hung out with them for a little while. It was nice to see them.


My Dad has always gotten flowers or plants for my sister and I. It is greatly appreciated! This year I got a Spathiphyllum (Peace Lily). It is beautiful and found a spot between the tv stand and the book shelf. And I brought him some nutella cupcakes that he had requested a few weeks ago (that's what I was baking and smelled so good yesterday). They turned out a little dry, but they still tasted good. Not exactly sure what happened, I may have not let the butter soften enough, but I sure thought I had.


I got an amaryllis from Karen (Erik's mom) and it is growing and greening up. I also pulled out some tulip bulbs that I had from last spring. It looks like two of the three may sprout and grow again.


Erik made a really nice dinner for us: meatloaf and roasted potatoes. He is such a good cook. I'm thankful for that!

No comments: