Thursday, June 21, 2007

1 Month, 6 Days

...until our honeymoon trip to Washington! Yay! We finalized all of our travel arrangements. We are staying at some cool hotels/cabins and doing some camping in some really cool places. We are going fishing and kayaking and seeing cool places! I'm very excited!

This week has been a hot and busy week. Monday I had softball practice with the first graders. I brought ice cream popsicles - wow did they enjoy those. It was my Dad's Father's Day present: a picture of our team, the Met's, with ice cream all over their faces... well I got the picture but not the ice cream all over their faces. It was fun and they don't do team pictures so it will be nice to share the pictures with the whole team.

Wednesday I worked from home and got some laundry and cleaning done too. It was nice to get some of that done.
Wednesday was a hot one and we had horseback riding lessons for Windsong. I went through a liter and a half of water while I was out their and still was suffering from a headache from dehydration when I got home. But Erik and I made pizza and that helped. :)

Tonight it is extremely sticky and hot too. (eek, I wonder how we'll survive July and August.) We decided to go out for dinner. We went to OSO Burrito, a local restaurant. It is similar to Chipolte but much better.

School is going well... I take my written comprehensive exams next Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm a little nervous, but I'm looking over things and spending the next couple of days studying.

Tomorrow night we are going to the Celebrate Lincoln Ethnic Festival downtown. The festival is to celebrate the different cultures of Lincoln. We went last year and it was fun. There is good ethnic foods and music.

We have some guests coming this weekend too. Trevor, a friend of Erik's, who played at our wedding, is coming to Lincoln with his punk rock band The Filmore's. I don't know much about it, just that they are coming to visit and play somewhere Saturday night.

No comments: