Sunday, June 17, 2007

FAN-tastic!

Thursday night Erik took me out to eat at the Blue Orchid for my birthday. I had Thai Basil and Erik had Pad Thai. It was very good. We went to the Blue Orchid for my birthday last year too. Afterwards we went to the Ten Thousand Villages store in the Haymarket. I really like that store. It has so many unique items.

Thank you everyone who sent me birthday wishes and celebrated my birthday with me!

Friday, my friends, Kimpy and Jen, threw a birthday party for me. We had a pot luck. It was fun. I made spicy shrimp burgers and Erik made cucumber salad. It was fun to see and try what other people made - it was all so good! I had fun running around with Simon, who is almost 3, catching fireflies, which are out in full force. They are so cool. Nebraska has so many fireflies - I've never seen so many at once.


Saturday, Erik and I sold our grill and bought a Weber Go-Anywhere grill. It is very nice. We also bought a tower fan... a Hawaiian Breeze on sale at Target. It has already been a wonderful purchase. It stayed nice and cool in our apartment today (without the air conditioning) even though it was quite hot outside.

Saturday night we went over to Chris' apartment and grilled out with a group of friends at the pool. It was a good time. It was a good day to be in the pool.

Today, we relaxed and I had a softball game. Erik cooked up some walleye. It was terrific!

No comments: