Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Back to Lincoln

Chico munching away

On Friday, I hung out with Katie and checked on all the animals of the place. All the horses, dogs and cats seemed happy and healthy. Later, Mom, Dad, Katie & I went to dinner to McHugh's. I wasn't too impressed my philly cheese steak wrap was extremely oily but everyone else's was good and Katie's was good for lunch. :) Then we all went to Cal's to help Mom pick out flowers. Every year Mom gets flowers to plant in the planters around the pool and in the front of the house for Mother's Day. Katie was insistant on getting yellow flowers.

Later, I met up with Katie and Erin, high school friends of mine. It had been too long since we chatted and I'm sure we could have chatted much longer but Caribou would have kicked us out soon and we all were getting a little tired. It sure was good to see those girls though. It is crazy how time passes so quickly.

Saturday we planted Mom's flowers... That was fun and it was a nice day. The forecast said it was suppose to rain but it was very nice out.
Mom and I planting flowers


Mom and Katie, who is making a weird face.
I think she is getting to use to those shape shifter pictures.

Sunday I was suppose to fly back to Lincoln. I went to the airport, checked my luggage in, walked to the other end of the Minneapolis Airport to wait until it was just about boarding time and find out my flight was canceled. I was frustrated. The flight was canceled because the flight crew didn't show up. Don't you think they should have known a little before we are suppose to board that the crew isn't planning on showing up? So then everyone that was suppose to be on the plane was reassigned new flights. The people early in the line got flights for later that day. I was in the middle of the line and got a flight Monday at 4:45. It worked out though. Mom came and picked me up and I went back to their house for another night. Erik had a nice dinner planned Sunday night, so I spoiled that... or I guess maybe Northwest Airlines spoiled that.

Monday I took Katie out to camp so she could work a half day. That was fun for me too because I got to see some of my campy friends. That was nice! I went to lunch with Erik's Mom at Good Earth in Edina. That was very good and fun. She gave me an early birthday present, so that I could take it on the plane with me. She framed a photograph that I had taken of a ladybug in a stream near Whitewater, Minnesota (same one as in the banner). It is very nice to have it framed!

I made it back to Lincoln last night. I was thankful to be back to my routine today. It was great to see Erik again. I missed him!

Today it was back to school for more work. We had a little slow up due to some materials not getting here on time, but they came today and we'll get back up to speed in no time. I came home and went for a little jog and now I'm relaxing.

No comments: