Friday, June 8, 2007

Windy Week

I no longer have cage-free tomato plants. The wind here has been unbelievable. We have been in a wind advisory for a few days and has taken a toll on thing around here. The plants have suffered, particularly my tomato plants and some of my flowers. At school we lost power and then later internet. There were trees and tree parts all over the bike path. That was fun to bike through, but the toughest part was biking against the wind to get home. At home we lost our cable connection for a while, not that losing cable is much of a big deal.
I have been busy at school trying to be a problem solver by working on some statistics for my project. That has been a bunch of fun. I get sick of it I have to get up and walk around every once in a while. I'm glad I'm not a statistician who does that for a living. Erik has been busy with work and it seems we may be passing in the night for the next week or two.
Wednesday I went out to ride with Christina, lessons were canceled due to the wind. I had a great time. Christina's son came with and he was a lot of fun, but I was tired by the end of the night. He kept calling me 'Aunt Kim', it was cute. Mamasita was fun to ride. Christina had rode her last and it was nice that she work out all the kinks... I just had fun. :)
Last night Erik had a BBQ for work. I finished up Katie's wraps for at camp so she doesn't get her cast/ace bandage all full of paint and campy fun stuff. I just have to get them in the mail later today hopefully.
It seems that everyone I run into had a bit of a rough week and is very thankful for the weekend and I certainly fall into that category as well! TGIF!

No comments: