Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Grill Woes

The weekend was an eventful one. Saturday morning Erik worked and I watch the movie Catch and Release. It was cute. It was predictable, but fun to watch for a lazy Saturday morning.
Later in the day I went to a graduation party for a Windsong rider. That was exciting. She was very happy. Then Erik and I finished up the day by watching Night at the Museum. That was a funny movie.

Sunday morning was pretty laid back, until we got a call from a friend, Chris. He had hit a deer Saturday night and needed a ride. Thankfully only the car was hurt and he was fine. He told me he was in Omaha, about an hour drive, but he was really in Missouri Valley, IA. Not a big deal, but it took us a little longer and I'm glad Erik went with me. We were happy to help out. We made it back just in time for the first grade softball game. That was fun. Our team did a great job at batting, but struggled in the field. It was fun and I think the girls had fun which is the most important part. And when I got back, Erik bought me lilies.

Sunday night, Chris came over with his trout that he caught up in Winnipeg. Erik made wildrice with mushrooms and I made broccoli with
parmesan cheese. It was a very good meal and picture worthy.


We also went swimming in the pool. It wasn't quite as cold this time. It has had some time to warm up.


Yesterday was a busy day at school and when we came home we found out that we could no longer have our grill... not so much the grill but the standard gas tank to the grill. That sucks. We grill out all the time. We went over to the office and spoke with the property manager about it, with not much resolution, but we did sign a lease to extend our lease another six months. Then I had softball practice and Erik went to go look at options for our grill, maybe to get an adaptor to use smaller gas tanks.

Today we decided our grill is for sale and we are going to get a smaller grill that takes 1 lb tanks instead of 20 lb tanks. Hopefully that will work out and we can still grill.

No comments: