Sunday, January 3, 2010

Deep Freeze


We are in a bit of a deep freeze, actually colder than that of a freezer (the average is set to about zero degrees Fahrenheit). I don't enjoy temperatures this cold, but the one benefit of this Canadian air mass that has situated itself over us - the sunshine. We've had beautifully sunny days and I so love seeing the sun in the winter! So while the farmer's almanac predict January to be a colder than average month, hopefully the sun will be plentiful and we can have some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I'd love to venture out and take some pictures at that time of the day, but I just can't quite convince myself to go out in the cold for a picture. I'm also not sure how the digital camera would hold up to temperatures this cold. So the picture above is from the dining room of my parents as the sun is headed down during that blue time of the day that Katie loves so much.

No comments: