Monday, January 25, 2010

Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere.

You could ask Erik and he'd tell you, I've been worried lately... worried and wound up. I know my worries are small and nothing to get worked up about in comparison to the worries some have of food and shelter. So I'm leaving my worries behind. I once told Erik that I couldn't turn off my worries like a light switch, so quickly and instantaneously, but I heard you can learn to. So to teach myself not to be in a state of worry, here is what I'm going to do:
  • Workout - because that does wonders for the body and the mind.
  • Stop dwelling on my worries - the source of the worry still my be present but if I can't do anything about it then I don't need to worry about it.
  • Be thankful. Be thankful for family and friends.
  • Believe in myself.
  • Enjoy. Enjoy each moment.
  • Do good.
  • Smile.
Some quotes I like:

"This too shall pass." - my Mom

"Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awaking worrying? Well, don't worry...I'm here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you." - Charlie Brown to Snoopy

"There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem." - Harold Stephens

"Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." - Benjamin Franklin

No comments: