Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Well and the Mine

I finished another book... I'm on quite a roll for 2010.

The Well and the Mine The Well and the Mine by Gin Phillips


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I like historical fiction so this was right up my alley. This book was good and I'd recommend it. I enjoyed the beginning, but I felt like it lost something toward the end. It is about a family and living in a mining town in Alabama and quest of two young girls to find out who dropped a baby down their family's well. It is interesting to think about how much people struggled and today we take things for granted, like soles on our shoes.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I just finished this book. I thought it was great. Here is my review on Rose City Reader.

If you would like me to add a link to your review, please leave a comment on my review post and I will add it.