Sunday, January 10, 2010

There simply is not enough time in the day! I have a multitude of interests and a finite amount of time. I just can't quite get all the things I'd like to do accomplished when I'd like to. This has been sort of an issue with me this week... I feel defeated, but at the same time I know that I'm blessed with all the things that I'm fortunate enough to do and the people I have around me that support me in my activities.

I have read some magazine articles about people who are doing it all and I think wow, I should be able to do it all and have a smile on my face, but the truth is that there may be people out there that can do it all, but there are always sacrifices for what you choose to do, and they probably aren't sharing the negative side of "doing it all" in the article.

I like having many interests. Lately some of my focus has been to workout, excel at work, read (maybe actually finish the book I've been reading for a month), be prepared, do some New Year's cleaning, house hunting, and the other daily things like dishes and laundry that need done and brushing my teeth. :) Other things that I'd like to throw in the mix are some sewing, cleaning of our office, taking some pictures outside (this also requires the weather to cooperate), workout a little longer, and cook some nice meals instead of a bowl of cereal for dinner (although that is good sometimes) and not feel so wiped out when the alarm goes off in the morning. And of course, I think, maybe I'm just selfish that I have all these desires to do things and I do know when the time comes kids will change it all, but for right now, in this moment, I'll do what I can and enjoy every moment that I can.

Here is a quote I liked from my peppermint tea:
The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
- Dorothy Parker (1893-1967)

No comments: