Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy 2010!

Happy New Year to you! I'm ready to start things anew!

We had a pretty laid back New Year's Eve at home. We had the opportunity to go places for the night, but chose to stay in. We made salmon and roasted broccoli for dinner and had some bubbly. We watched Cinderella Man, which we had borrowed, but as we watched we both realized we've seen before, but a good movie and we didn't remember all of it, so nice way to spend the night. We also discussed/debated when a decade ends and begins and if it is our numerical system or society that decides that today. I'd say society.

The New Year brought with it some chilly temperatures to this part of the country. We are freezing up here, actually much colder than freezing! In fact, our digital thermometer broke last night. It was -10.6 and then it had it and isn't reading right now. I suspect it is the battery, or at least I hope it is only the battery.

I've been enjoying my long weekend with trips to the Y and lounging around in my warm chunky knit socks. I wish I could find another pair of fun thick knit socks like that. They are originally from REI and I've looked for them in many places without any luck. I might just have to knit myself a pair.

No comments: