Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 3 Photo


Nicollet Mall, August 11, 2009

Today I spoke at a conference in Minneapolis at the Hilton. At lunch I walked down Nicollet Ave. and took a few photos. These are the things I learned:
1. I don't really like taking pictures of buildings.
2. I feel weird about taking pictures with a whole bunch of people around that are just going about their days. I probably just need to get over it.
3. This girl is not a huge fan of being downtown, I'd much rather be in a field or out in the woods or in a stream. (I already knew this, and probably most people do know this about me too).

I also hung out with Katie today, we went in search of a new planter for the spider plant affectionately called Duggar. We found one and went to a cute little neighborhood garden store.

I ran out to my parents and hung out with my Mom for a bit. We spent some time in the garden and eating ice cream on the deck.

Garden update: it is over flowing with cucumbers and cabbage right now. The melons are multiplying each time I'm out there, but none are ripe yet. There are some little squash now. We've still been harvesting broccoli too. The bell peppers and tomatoes look as though they could use some hot days to ripen, maybe we'll get those later this week.

No comments: