Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday

I had a really nice Saturday yesterday. One that makes you want to continually have days like that. I went for a run after not running for a while. I wasn't where I left off, but hey, I'm okay with that. I went to the farmer's market and picked up some basil, sweet corn and brats. I blanched and froze the corn along with broccoli and jalapenos from the garden. This morning I made pesto and froze that too. I read for a bit and caught up on some sleep. Then I went to watch Katie in the Ragnar Relay. That was fun to see her. I saw her at about mile 2 of 4.5 in her last run (she had two runs before this 4.5 and 5.5 miles) and she was not really happy when I saw her. She had just come up a steep hill that was definitely mostly vertical. I went to the end of her leg and she was a much happier camper then with a smile on her face. So that is where yesterday's picture came from - she had just come up that big hill. I guess she is smiling, but she was telling me she was never going to do it again - how things changed when she was done. :) Erik worked Saturday, but when he got home we had brats and corn on the grill and then had some friends over to hang out.

No comments: